Reinstatement or readmission to Bridgewater State University is subject to the following criteria:
- Reinstated or readmitted students will be assigned to the current catalog at the time of readmission/reinstatement. However, students may elect to resume the program requirements outlined in the catalog that was in place during their enrollment, provided that the catalog is no more than 8 years old at that time of graduation.
- Readmission or reinstatement may be subject to space availability.
- Readmission or reinstatement may be subject to current admission requirements.
- On-campus housing is not guaranteed for reinstated or readmitted students. Students seeking on-campus housing are encouraged to contact Residence Life and Housing to discuss the availability of on-campus housing.
- Readmission or reinstatement to the university does not guarantee renewed financial aid eligibility. Please contact the Financial Aid Office to be considered for financial aid.
- Prior to reinstatement or readmission, the student must resolve any/all outstanding holds on their student account. Students with outstanding disciplinary concerns must contact the appropriate office/s to satisfy the any/all requirements as a part of the reapplication process.
- Reinstatement or readmission to the university is not guaranteed.
- Students who have been expelled from the university are not eligible for reinstatement or readmission
Students who are seeking to enroll at the university following a semester withdrawal under the Undergraduate Withdrawal Policy and who have not been enrolled at the university for one full academic year (3 consecutive terms, including the summer session) must apply for reinstatement by filing a Reinstatement Application through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and, if applicable, submit official transcripts from all institutions attended since the last date of attendance at BSU. Additionally, students must meet with an academic advisor to discuss degree completion and available course options. For additional support and resources, please contact the Academic Achievement Center.
Students who have been separated because of academic or disciplinary reasons from the institution must apply for readmission by filing a Readmission Application through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and, if applicable, submit official transcripts from all institutions attended since the last date of attendance at BSU. Additionally, students must meet with an academic advisor and will be required to participate in an orientation program to discuss degree completion and available course options. For additional support and resources, please contact the Academic Achievement Center.
Upon readmission or reinstatement, transfer credit, if applicable, will be awarded according to the university’s established Transfer Credit Policy. The grade point average achieved at BSU upon separation will be resumed as grades achieved at other institutions are not included when calculating a student’s BSU grade point average.
Reviewed 8/2020 by Rita Miller, Academic Affairs