Personal Property Insurance

Students should obtain their own insurance to protect against theft, fire and damage.

Our license agreement states that Bridgewater State University is not responsible for personal property owned by resident students. To assist you in managing the risk of loss of your personal property, we suggest you consider looking into insurance from a company like Gallagher Insurance Company. Gallagher’s website listed below offers information about student property insurance.

We urge you to consider this type of coverage for your personal property. Every year, students lose property due to a number of reasons, including theft, water damage and fire. Even if you have coverage under your family’s homeowners' or tenants' policies, you may want broader coverage with lower deductibles that is available with student property insurance.

For more information about coverage and available policies, see Gallagher Insurance Company’s website at or call 888.411.4911. In order to obtain coverage, you must apply to Gallagher Insurance Company. 

Reviewed 8/2023 by Justin McCauley, Office of Residence Life & Housing