Search Appliance

BSU Mobile Logo

Expect More. Achieve More.


This BSU Student Handbook is a guide to students' rights, responsibilities and resources.

Reservation of University Facilities

Guidelines apply to the use of any university buildings, grounds, classrooms, etc.

Reservations for use of any part of the campus (buildings or grounds) for non-class purposes must be made through the University Events office in Campus Center, room 108. All requests for space for class purposes must be processed through the Office of the Registrar.

Reservations are actually "requests for use of facilities" until approved. All reservation requests should be made via Virtual EMS, BSU’s online reservation system.  Virtual EMS can be accessed on the BSU intranet through the University Events or Services Page.  Please keep in mind the facilities you book for programs should be accessible to those with disabilities. You may be required to provide sign-language interpreters for the program at your expense should such services be requested by someone attending the program.

All events would be categorized as Tier I, II or III. Tier I events are those defined by the university  administration as fundamental to the core mission of the institution. Tier II events re-occur annually and are consistently scheduled at predictable times of the year based on their purpose or audience. Tier III includes all events not classified as Tier I or II. Generally they will be scheduled on a first-come/first-served basis after Tier I and Tier II events have been scheduled.

Upon approval of the request, a member of the University Events staff will contact the program sponsor to discuss the program and ensure that all necessary details are arranged. University Events can provide you with a wide range of assistance in planning your event from initial planning to final execution, including audio/visual needs, signs, name tags, parking passes and other special needs. University Events requires advance notice to provide most services, so please try to plan accordingly. Some charges apply for materials used in some services. Contact the University Events office at 508.531.6139 for further details.

Depending upon the type of program you are planning, services may be required that also involve labor charges. As the program sponsor, you are expected to build these charges into your budget. The staff of the University Events may provide assistance in arranging for food services that can be billed to the sponsor directly by the campus food service company.

Contact the University Events office at 508.531-6139 or for additional details in implementing your program. More information is also available if you Click Here.  Student organizations should contact their assigned program adviser in the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership.

Updated 8/2017 by Ed Cabellon, Student Affairs and Enrollment Management via request by Samantha Coakley

Updated 8/2015 by Lindsey Bruno, CESO

Bridgewater State University
Student Handbook 2018-2019
All Rights Reserved