Rules regarding borrowing, fines and fees
All undergraduate and graduate students may borrow up to 35 items at a time from the circulating collections, including DVDs, books, musical scores, audio CDs, and other library resources. The loan period for most books is 30 days and seven days for audio CDs and DVDs. Items may be renewed once prior to the actual due date. You can renew items online, by telephone or at the circulation desk. Overdue fines must be paid before renewal. Students must use their Connect Cards to check out library materials.
Fines and fees are paid under the following system
- Ten cents per day to a maximum of $10 per item.
- Course reserve fines for two-hour, three-hour and overnight loans are $1 per hour to a maximum of $10 per item. Fines for one-week loans are $1 per day to a maximum of $10 per item.
Please note: Some Educational Resource Center (ERC) items accrue fines at a higher hourly rate and therefore higher daily accrual rate; some ERC items have higher replacement costs than general circulating collections items.
Lost/Unreturned Item Fee
- General and ERC circulating collection items (i.e., books, maps, musical scores, audio CDs, etc.) : $45 for replacement and processing
- Children's collection items: $20 for replacement and processing
- DVDs and videos: $75 for replacement and processing
Library materials returned in good condition within 30 days after replacement fees are paid will be refunded less any applicable overdue fines. There are no refunds after 30 days of payment for lost items. Items damaged beyond repair will be discarded. Damaged items will not be returned to students. The library does not accept replacement copies for lost items, only payment.
All BSU students who accumulate $10 or more in fines or fees will have their library privileges suspended. Transcript and/or registration holds will be placed when students accumulate $20 or more in fines or fees. Community library users incurring the same level of fines will have their borrowing privileges suspended until their accounts are settled.
Please contact the circulation department with any questions via telephone at 508.531.1392 or email email@example.com or visit http://microsites.bridgew.edu/library/circ.
Updated 8/2017 by Michael Somers, Library Services
Student Handbook 2018-2019
All Rights Reserved